Monday, November 18, 2019

2019

The promised big life changes have come to pass: I am now married, published, and possess a PhD. Still found time for reading of course, I finished WoT in about 9 months total.

Here's the best I can figure of what I've read this year:

The Shadow Rising, Robert Jordan 
Lord of Chaos, Robert Jordan 
A Crown of Swords, Robert Jordan
The Shadows Rising, Robert Jordan 
The Jewish Way in Love and Marriage, Maurice Lamm
Made in Heaven, Aryeh Kaplan
The Path of Daggers, Robert Jordan
Winter's Heart, Robert Jordan
Crossroads of Twilight, Robert Jordan
Knife of Dreams, Robert Jordan
The Gathering Storm, Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
Towers of Midnight, Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
A Memory of Light, Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
Leviathan Wakes, James S.A. Corey
Into the Black: Odyssey One, Evan Curie
Graceling, Kristen Cashore
The Assassin's Apprentace, Robin Hobb
Carrion Comfort, Dan Simmons
Crazy Rich Asians, Kevin Kwan
Roots, Alex Haley
The Heart Goes Last, Margret Atwood
The Invisible Bridge, Julie Orringer
New Spring, Robert Jordan  

There were definitely more in there, but I'm not so good at keeping track anymore...

Other than WoT which I don't feel the need to comment on, The Invisible Bridge was surprisingly good (although depressing) and I also particularly enjoyed Carrion Comfort.


With about a month left to the year, I'm at 23 books. Well below my usual. I'm going to chalk this up primarily to the length of the WoT books - I was going through those at 1 book every 3-4 weeks. And, to a lesser extent to this year's business. 

Looking forward to next year's books!

No comments:

Post a Comment